The technology is available on 2012 Ford Edge and goes global with availability on 2012 Ford Focus.
Ford introduced a smart, safe, simple system to connect drivers with in-car technologies and their digital lives today at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
The available MyFord Touch, which will be branded as MyLincoln Touch, and MyMercury Touch, on respective Lincoln and Mercury brand products, redesigns the in-car interface, mirroring how consumers interact with most devices in their lives by using touch-sensitive buttons, touch screens and voice recognition.
MyFord delivers a premium interior experience that will help consumers fall in love with their vehicles again, said Derrick Kuzak, Ford Group Vice President, Global Product Development. It integrates all our signature features so customers will know exactly what they’re going to get in any Ford vehicle they may find themselves driving, no matter where they are in the world.
MyFord Touch displays information using two 4.2-inch full-color LCD screens flanking an analog speedometer and an 8-inch touch-screen LCD at the top of the center stack. A five-way switch on each side of the steering wheel crossbar similar to the one found on most mobile phones and MP3 players controls the information displayed on the corresponding instrument panel screens.
Features available through MyFord Touch, powered by SYNCÂ include:
- Additional USB port for a total of two USB 2.0 inputs
- SD card slot
- RCA audio and videoÃ‚Â input jacks
- Phone book contact photo download and 3-D carousel browsing
- Birthday reminders
- Enhanced error correction and reporting
- Direct speech commands and Ã¢â‚¬Å“flattened structureÃ¢â‚¬Â for quicker, more responsive voice control
- Voice-command activation of selected climate control functions
- Voice commands will be available for most radio functions, including AM/FM, HD Radio Technology and SIRIUS Satellite Radio
- SIRIUS Game Finder application will facilitate automatic voice tuning for desired sporting events, using commands such as “Tune to Detroit Lions game” or “Show NFL games”
- Improved visual presentation of SYNCÂ with Traffic, Directions and Information app adds directional arrows, street names and distance markers
- Map-based navigation app provided by TeleNav via an optional SD card
- SD card navigation includes SIRIUS Travel Link services such as weather maps, movie listings, gas prices, and sports scores
- SD card navigation also adds point-of-interest information for cities including ratings and amenities
- Map data includes 3-D visual landmarks
- MyTemp personalization allows the driver to store a preferred temperature, which is then accessible with a single touch of the MyTemp button
- Different MyTemp settings can be programmed to different keys; multiple drivers in a household can each have unique MyTemp settings
- AM/FM/CD, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, USB-connected MP3 players and memory sticks
- New HD Radio capability
- Song tagging capability via HD Radio Technology, allowing listeners to identify song information and store it for later use
- Browse tracks by artist, scan lists of tracks with identical names, and browse through devices without having to change audio sources
- 3-D carousel album cover art and photo viewing displays allow easy scanning of available material, especially combined with Gracenote Media Management
- Media player equipped with new Podcast source category
- Enhanced BluetoothÂ audio support including metadata, which allows additional command and control functions for capable mobile devices
Vehicle Setting Personalization
- Ambient lighting color control using a 3-D carousel browser
- Custom welcome messages
- Saved and transferrable user profiles that can be ported between Ford vehicles equipped with MyFord
- Door keypad code control using on-screen menus
- Where available, Active Park Assist and Rear View Camera displays
- Image and video uploading via SD card slot or USB 2.0 ports
SYNC Apps and Services
- Traffic, Directions and Information offers personalized traffic reports and routing from INRIX, turn-by-turn directions, business search, sports, news and weather via SYNC and the user’s mobile phone
- Downloadable destinations when coupled with the SD card navigation function; SYNC Service Delivery Network (SDN) will be able to send a destination directly to the vehicle
- Vehicle Health Reports will download service reminders and vehicle information directly to the in-car displays
- Improved 911 Assist capability with GPS location can call for help in the event of an airbag deployment
The technology launches this year on 2011 Ford Edge and goes global with availability on 2012 Ford Focus.
MyLincoln Touch will be standard equipment on future Lincoln models beginning with the 2011 Lincoln MKX.